I recently spent hours researching my home’s history in the local newspaper. It is amazing what you are able to find and learn about your house. Some times you can even find old line drawings of your home. Your public library has all types of old archived local news. If you live in Omaha here is the process to find out your home’s historical past:
1. Get an Omaha Public Library Card
2. Go to the Omaha Public Library Website: http://www.omahapubliclibrary.org/
3. Once you are on the OPL main page find and click on “Resource Center” —- “Genealogy” — “Historic Omaha World Herald Archives”— “Search”
4. Enter your library card number
5. On the left you will see “Omaha World-Herald Current and Historical”.
6. Type in your address in quotes into the search field
Enjoy your search!